I love my dog, Logan that’s why I’m working with my mom to create “Puppy Pops” an all natural treat for dogs. But, did you know that chocolate is actually bad for dogs?
Last April while we were in Belgium, a chocolatier told me that chocolate is poisonous for dogs. Today while I was volunteering at PetSmart, I confirmed that chocolate is poisonous at Banfield’s Pet Hospital. Chocolate contains theobromine and caffeine and dogs are not able to digest these chemicals. Theobromine and caffeine act like stimulants in your dog, they affect their nervous system and it makes them hyper active and wacky.
The darker the chocolate, the more theobromine and caffeine it contains and the worse it is for your dog. Dark chocolate has a higher cocoa content, which means more theobromine than milk chocolate, which in turn has more than white chocolate.
That is why it’s important that dogs DO NOT eat chocolate. Contact your veterinarian immediately if your dog eats chocolate.
Be ready to tell your vet:
1. how much chocolate you think your dog ate,
2. what type of chocolate it was, and
3. how long ago it was.
4. It could be helpful to bring the chocolate wrapper, if it is available.
I love my dog and I love my chocolate but chocolate and dogs don’t mix. Please remember to keep chocolate away from your pets!
OCT (Official Chocolate Taster)
About Logan—I worte this when I was 10
Logan’s made my life complete!
“We are Foster Failures and proud of it!” Several months ago we learned about Last Chance Animal Shelter, a shelter that rescues dogs from high kill shelters. We planned to help foster until they found their forever home. Logan was our first foster, we loved him ever since we found out he was our first foster puppy. When we first brought Logan home it was so very exciting to have a puppy in the house.
Because, when I was three years old we had a golden retriever puppy named Genevieve, but we had to give her away when we moved to Arizona, because it was way too hot for her there. I don’t remember a lot about Genevieve but I do remember I was sad to give her away since she was my very first dog. She chewed a lot of my toys, to prove it I still have Genevieve’s teeth marks on one of my Barbie dolls that I still have today.
I loved Logan the first night we brought him home, because that night my grandma and Aunt Margie came over to play cards, he sat at their feet the whole time, he was so sweet and such a good boy!
The next day we were told that someone saw Logan’s picture on the Last Chance website and wanted to adopt him. Fortunately for us we were “foster-failures”, so we ended up keeping him (yay)! A “foster failure” is someone who fosters a dog but ends up adopting him or her, in our case, him.
Logan is a golden retriever and husky mix. I love almost everything about him, his big black nose, gorgeous blackish brownish eyes, those small floppy ears and the beautiful gold and white colors. I always say that Logan’s the color of cheesecake, yummy!
Because of Logan, I’ve learned how to have a good time even in the most worst of times. He is always at my side no matter what, even when my great aunt died. When I’m sad, he licks the tears off my eyes. He is more than a best friend, he is family to me, and he accepts me for who I am. He’s pretty much always on my side. He even accepts I have problems and doesn’t judge me.
Everything in my life had changed because of Logan, it’s like everything’s even better than it was. My life just got an upgrade! 😉 And thats how Logan’s made my life complete.